HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition Overview
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition records high definition video from a Sony® PlayStation®4, PS33*, Microsoft® Xbox® One or 360, a Wii U or a PC gaming system onto your Windows laptop or desktop PC, in a high definition H.264 format. Make video recordings of your best game play in HD. Upload your favorite games to YouTube and share them with other gamers online. Or make a high definition movie of your game play to share with your friends or use it to discuss tactics with your clan members!
New! Now with Facecam for your gameplay recordings!
Hauppauge Capture now includes Facecam. Point a webcam of yourself to add a video of you playing your favourite game. The Facecam window can be any size and positioned anyplace in your video.
Play while you record with our no-delay HDMI video passthrough
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition comes with real-time video pass through, so you can watch your game play on your HD TV while recording your game on your PCs disk drive. Simply connect HD PVR 2 in between your game console and your HD TV set (HDMI in and out plus Component Video cables included).
With HDMI and Component Video for use with the PS4, Xbox One plus Xbox 360, PS3* and PC game systems
HD PVR 2 comes with HDMI in and out to make it easier to connect your TV set to your PS4, Xbox One, PC game system or Xbox 360. For the PS3, HD PVR 2 comes with a PS3 Component Video gaming cable plus uses HDMI out for no-delay passthrough to your HD TV set!
Amazing audio and video quality
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition records using amazing H.264 compression at HD resolutions up to 1080p30. HD PVR 2?s H.264 recording format is used by Blu-ray disks and exceeds other compression standards in video quality, providing a crisp image with amazing digital sound. And H.264 uses 1/3 the disk space compared with the popular MPEG-2 format.
Live streaming of your console game play
Stream your game play to your Twitch, YouTube or Ustream channel with the Hauppauge SteamEez application (part of the new Hauppauge Capture application). Create your own event and be watch by thousand followers! With the new Hauppauge Capture application, you can steam your game play and also add your game commentary to the stream.
Watch recordings of your best game play on your PC monitor or HD TV set
Once your recordings are on your PC hard disk, you can play them back directly on your computer screen. You can also transfer the recordings over your home network to your PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, or other high definition media player.
Upload your best games to YouTube and share with your friends
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition comes with a one click upload to YouTube. Make HD recordings of your game play and upload your best videos to YouTube. HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition records videos in HD using H.264, which is perfect for YouTube.
*Note: For use with the PS3, an optional PS3 to component video cable is required.
|Official product page:|
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition Specs and System Requirements
- Hardware encoder:
- H.264 AVCHD high definition video encoder, with record resolution to 1080p30
- Recording datarate: From 1 to 13.5 Mbits/sec
- Recording format: AVCHD (.TS and .M2TS) plus export to .MP4
- Video down conversion: From 1080p to 720p
- No delay HDMI passthrough:
- HDMI in to HDMI out - up to 1080p
- Component Video in to HDMI out - up to 1080i
- Input/output connections:
- HDMI in, from HDMI sources without HDCP such as Xbox 360
- Component video in, with stereo audio
- S-Video and composite video in, with stereo audio
- HDMI output
- Size: 6 in wide x 6 in deep x 1.5 in high
- Power: 6V at 1.6 amps
- Weight: .75lb / .34 kg / 12 oz
Bundled software applications
- Hauppauge Capture, with these features
- Video capture for recording video game play, with game commentary and Facecam
- Trim your videos
- Upload videos to YouTube
- Stream videos with Twitch and YouTube
- Laptop or desktop PC with 3.0 GHz single core or 2.0 GHz multi-core processor
- Microsoft® Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista with 1 GB RAM or Windows XP Service Pack 3 with 512 MB RAM
- TV set with HDMI input
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Graphics card with 256 MB memory
- Sound card
- 220 MB free hard disk space
- (Optional) CD-ROM drive (software can also be downloaded from here)
model 01482: HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition, with English manual
Included in the box
- HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition high definition H.264 personal video recorder, USB 2.0.
- 6V 1.6 amp power supply.
- USB cable - 9 ft.
- Hauppauge AV cable.
- Hauppauge Capture application.
- Quick installation guide.
Note: HD PVR 2 will not record video from HDMI with HDCP copy protection. If you are recording PS3 gameplay, an optional PS3 to component video cable is required.